Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Another funny I found...


A Thanksgiving Poem

Author Unknown


Twas the night of Thanksgiving but I just couldn't sleep I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.


The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white. But I fought the temptation with all of my might


Tossing and turning with anticipation the thought of a snack became infatuation.


So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.


Gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.


I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,'til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.


I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees. . .
"Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please
May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.
May your Thanksgiving be truly blessed!!"
Happy Thanksgiving !

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

I love this silly poem. And I relate, because I haven't stopped thinking about stuffing since Sunday afternoon. My husband makes the best...sausage and chestnuts. Only a few more hours. Happy Thanksgiving, P.