Monday, February 18, 2008

Bizarre Holidays...February 18th-24th

Welcome to another thrilling week of....

Bizarre Holidays...


This week is a biggie filled with mutitudes of fabulous things to celebrate! Shall we check the following dates for something more to add to our already bulging to do list? Oh my yes!...



February 18 is . . . . National Battery Day
February 19 is . . . . National Chocolate Mint Day
February 20 is . . . . Hoodie Hoo Day
February 21 is . . . . Card Reading Day
February 22 is . . . . Be Humble Day
February 23 is . . . . International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
February 24 is . . . . National Tortilla Chip Day



Have you picked out a favorite yet?

We have three food related days for you foodies out there..Well if you count dog biscuits that is.


How about being humble? Nah...Too time consuming.


Battery Day only works if you need one..Wait, why wasn't this one BEFORE Christmas when we really needed it?


Card Reading Day..Didn't we do that LAST week?


They all sound like a barrel of laughs but I only have time for one this week.

And the winner is.....


Hoodie-Hoo Day!


Here is some mind numbing information about this..er..holiday.

Northern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day .....(And I Quote)

On this winter day, people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads and chant "Hoodie-Hoo".
It is a day to chase away winter and bring in spring. After all, everyone in the northern hemisphere are sick and tired of winter at this point and a little crazy being cooped up inside all winter and not seeing the sun.
Did you know? Hoodie Hoo Day is a copyrighted holiday. It was created and is provided, courtesy of the great folks at Wellcat.com


Aug 22 Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day -- (Insert More Quoting Here..)

Long awaited by our Southern-half friends,
is the day to go outdoors at high noon and yell "Hoodie-Hoo" to chase winter and make ready for spring.

But wait there's more..Go here and send ALL your loved ones an e-card to commemorate this day!


Sounds fascinating doesn't it? I soooo intend to enjoy this lovely day to the hilt. So what if my yearly physical just happens to be on that day. Imagine my doctors joy and surprise when, in the middle of my exam, I sit straight up feet in stir-ups with boobs flying and my hair smashed flat to the back of my head and maniacally yell....


"HOODIE-HOO Y'ALL"


I bet my insurance won't pay for that....:-(

6 comments:

josetteplank.com said...

omg...It's Battery Day and I forgot to send out cards! My relatives will never forgive me. :-(

And hey, have a happy Hoodie Hoo!

(Which, to be honest, sounds like something you'd yell while doing the naughty in New Orleans, lol.)

Thank you for the list of holidays! Is there a widget somewhere where I can post the holidays daily on my blog? That would be great!

Zenmomma said...

Hoodie Hoo to you and you and you!

I'm celebrating tomorrow with a chocolate mint. I'm pretty sure my dog will be at me to do a little something on the 23rd.

BTW your comment baby made me crack up!

April said...

As good as Hoodie Hoo sounds, I have to go with Battery Day. That does come with free AA's right?

Balancing Hops - Blog Hoppin'

Anonymous said...

Hoodie Hoo to you, too! (Winnie the Pooh) It sounds naughty to me, too, Jozet!

Peggy Sez.. said...

Jozet:
I just troll the web til I find a useless site that has all this crap. So far no widgets :( Sorry

zenmomma:
I welcome any excuse to crack someone up..always happy to oblige!

April:
Thanks for hopping by (FYI..No free batteries..one year)

Melissa:
Yea I'm with jozet too. Just wait til next year New Orleans!...LOL

Minnesota Matron said...

Hey, just check out the Jewish calendar for a list of holidays. I'm not Jewish, but my best friend is, and she routinely calls me to rail about the fact that her children are home from their private Hebrew elementary school because of another holiday she can't remember or name.

Me?

The Matron has Beauty Day. This is actually a national holiday of sorts, and involves, steam, clay and plenty of privacy.