Saturday, January 19, 2008

Todays exercise challenge...


EXERCISES FOR PEOPLE OVER 50...Oh what the hell... FOR ANYBODY!


Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.

Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.

Then try 50-lb. potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)


After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
I found this on the Nutrisystem site ..Funny gals there...

3 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

This made me laugh and then I read it out loud to my two kids and they laughed too.

Anonymous said...

you had me going there until it wnet past ten pounds...hehehe

Zenmomma said...

Hey this is about my current fitness level too! Thanks for the morning chuckle.